Tuesday 29 April 2014

BADAM MIX

I bought ready made badam mix  powder from Nuts n Spices for my son.And it was over .And my husband also asked me to make a try .I  myself attempted so many times during my first pregnancy since i had more nausea  at that time hating coffee,tea,any malted beverages.So I started to recollect what I did earlier.And it turned out good close to store bought powder.
           Now I'm sharing the recipe here.


INGREDIENTS

  1. Badam/Almond-1 small cup
  2. cardamom-few
  3. Saffron- few strands
  4. Sugar-1 tablespoon


METHOD

  • Roast badam in pan until it  loses it's wetness inside.It should be crisp.U can do in microwave oven for 3-4 mts turning badam for each and every minute or until crisp.
  • Likewise do for cardamom .And for whatever nuts u use.Just give warm ness to saffron strands.That's enough.saffron won't withstand much heat.
  • Put all the ingredients into the mixer.
  • Turn on the mixer using whipper mode.
  • Just whip now and then.
  • Don't use pulse option .It will leak oil from nuts.
  • Repeat the process till u get fine powder.


Store the powder in air tight container to retain freshness.
U can store for days.

TO PREPARE BADAM MILK:
      Take 2 spoons of  badam powder,2 spoons of sugar,1 cup of hot milk.Spoon it till sugar dissolves.
      Serve it hot or chilled as you wish.

NOTES
U can add nuts of ur choice.u can even add cashews,pistas,combination of all .


No comments:

Post a Comment